Thursday 10 October 2013

Animation 1930s - 1950s

In the 1930s and the 1950s cartoons were huge and it was very popular back in the day and kids are still watching these cartoon till this day but people my age range were into it as if it's the games or movies of nowadays.

Some cartoon were racist and violent back in the day but I guess before, no one knew it would have an impact on society today they said that they were just cartoons. Some cartoon have still left a scar in todays society unfortunately somethings cant be undone.

It shouldn't very seriously though but I think kids are more aware now because of education of that's teaching them what's right from wrong but it is part of history to bring up the subject on how things have changed.

One of the ones that I have watched were Disney's 'pink elephants on parade' it was an interesting one to watch because it was really good for it's time and it was so creative and colourful like it was fun just to watch.


This cartoon is way behind my time I mean I don't even think I ever watched this but it looks OK for it's time though.

Produced by Van Beauren Studios and then distributed by RKO pictures, the series itself lasted from 1931 to 1933. Van Beuren was then purchased by a company in 1950 and then the characters got their name changed form Tom and Jerry to Dick and Larry.

Odd name and really unsuitable for a kids cartoon lol. Anyways it become more popular again between 1940s and 1950s.


GUMBY is made by Arthur Clokey nicknamed "Art" he created and modeled the green clay character and he was really popular for creating the character GUMBY. His career really took off in the early 1950s.

In total Art made over 230 episode!!! and it aired on TV in America with other countries airing it too. Art became a good example of someone for creating his stop motion out of clay.

I don't think in my time I watched or gone back to watch it or something I was more like watching Disney cartoon than stop motion cartoon but this GUMBY animation is interesting and I get why he is still popular to this day.



Fleischer Studious Inc, was an American animation company that is located in New York it was founded in 1921 as Inkwell Studios by two brothers Max Fleischer and Dave Fleischer.

They ran their company until its inception from Paramount pictures and the studio's parent company and the distributor of its films, forced them to resign in 1942.

However Walt Disney were it's competitor and their studio became popular for the cartoon they made such as Koko the clown Betty Boop, Bimbo, Popeye the Sailor and superman and those cartton were a blast back in the day kids were going crazy over them and they are still popular to this day.
 
Betty Boop is an animation created by the brothers they created a series which features Betty Boop as a sex symbol kind of inappropriate for kids. They also created a film series which was then released by Paramount pictures. She has also featured in magazines and the merchandise was all over shops.
I've only watched one episode but not when I was young and I'm not too crazy over Betty Boop I think I prefer Dick and Larry ahem...










No comments:

Post a Comment