Monday 16 June 2014

My third animation idea 8th May - 5th June

I then scraped everything that I did because istopmotion froze then I lost all the work and the video that I did was plus I didn't screenshot most of the process.

But only the beginning part that managed to get back from my backup but still the rest is gone...
I felt so angry that I could've  punched the screen it was the most frustrating thing ever watching your work disappear in front of you but there was nothing that I could do and so I decided just to do a fresh idea that I would still like to do.

Then I decided to do Katy Perry Dark Horse lyric video because I really like this song it's not as good as the Eminem that I really wanted to do for ages but oh well.


The song is OK and I think the animation for that will be good:


 
The video is really good and I will try to make the best animation I've ever done I will watch out this time and save my animation on the scratch disk maybe because my drive memory was full that caused the whole thing to freeze and delete.

 I will also use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 for the editing I might also edit the song in Adobe Audition CS6 but I'm not sure if I need to.

I will definitely use Premiere Pro for my editing though because it's professional and it's because I don't know how to use any other software properly lol.



Here is the lyrics for Dark Horse which I got from:



knew you were
You were gonna come to me
And here you are
But you better choose carefully
Cause I I’m capable of anything

Of anything and everything

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
But don’t make me your enemy, your enemy, your enemy

So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know what you're falling for
Baby do you dare to do this?
Cause I’m coming at you like a dark horse

Are you ready for, ready for
A perfect storm, perfect storm
Cause once
you’re mine, once you’re mine
There’s no going back
She’s a beast
I call her Karma
She eats your heart out
Like Jeffrey Dahmer
Be careful
Try not to lead her on
Shorty’s heart is on steroids

Cause her love is so strong
You may fall in love
When you meet her
If you get the chance you better keep her
She's sweet as pie but if
you break her heart
She'll turn cold as a freezer
That fairy tale ending with a knight in shining armor
She can be my Sleeping Beauty
I’m gon put her in a coma

Damn I think I love her
Shorty so bad, I’m sprung and I don’t care

She ride me like a roller coaster
Turned the bedroom into a fair

Her love is like a drug
I was tryna hit it and quit it

But lil mama so dope
I messed around and got addicted
So you wanna play with magic
Boy, you should know what
you're falling for
Baby do you dare to do this?
Cause I’m coming at you like a dark horse
Are you ready for, ready for
A perfect storm, perfect storm
Cause once you’re mine, once you’re mine
There’s no going back.


I also went on this site to make my own text:



I chose this text because it looks more Egyptian and it's be think it will fit with my video.

Before printing it I opened and copied my lyrics to Photoshop so that when I print it will be good color quality.



  After cutting out all my lyrics I then used the stop motion camera so I can the production and I took my time with the lyrics and I want to cut one wrong by accident or something.



It was Egyptian themed so I picked background like these to go with my lyric video.



As you can see the development of my lyric video, I made a snake out of clay that you see in the screenshot above and a flower. I'll also be editing these in Premiere Pro and Audtion.


Out of all the ones that I planned I'm going to go with this because I feel like I came up with really good ideas and it's worth making.

Everything went smoothly with this idea I longer had problems while animating it or editing I didn't have problems as I did before even when the software nearly crashed i managed to find a way round it and save it somewhere where it won't delete.

I really had fun making this one there is nothing bad that I could say about this all I will say that if I was ever to do this again I'll probably do another lyric video (I like making lyric animation videos) lol but I up my skills in editing and do something more in fact I'm think about doing something like Norman McLaren - Neighbours in the future. I'll be doing more stuff outside of lesson time I think that's the only way I could improve my skills and do bigger things.


The hardest part about doing this was making my mind up about what I want to do because I did do a lyric video before and I should've done a lot more with clay I think rather than just cut out because I feel like I would've shown my skills more in animation but it was ok.

The easiest part was the editing I really enjoyed editing it was just fun I had no problems with it, everything was cool and Premiere Pro didn't crash on me this time for a change!




Here a link to my animation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxHn9UZ1Sp8&feature=youtu.be

Also here is a link to my wall on Padlet: http://padlet.com/a3m2a11/gq4rezldivv4

Comparing my animation video to other animation that I watched:

 Miley Cyrus lyric video

I really like the text that was used in this video because it went well with the video and the effects that were used were really good.


Next time I will focus on the production side just as much as the actual animation because doing both really does work and I definitely want to do a video like that at some but I will learn and by next year I should learn the skills needed to make something like this.


 Neighbours by McLaren

This animation I've talked about in my techniques post I really that one I was thinking about animating self and hold or writing lyrics on a wall.
I was actually going to use the wall on my room that I was going to paint anyway but it was too much and the whole time I was just thinking about what would happen if I lose all my work? I've had a problem converting my video alone never mind the rest.

I have to admit though I've had enough time an idea like this and if I didn't have other assignment to do and so much of it I would have done it and I thought about doing this even before I planned this one and the one before.

However these video are different compared to mine because I used cutout and also the production side the only thing that held video together was the music so next time I will add sound effects or use transitions or do lyrics by clay that transform into other words.

I've had fun making and editing this but I'm not happy with it I have to say I know I can do better than this. I always wanted to do a pixelation animation like Neighbours by McLaren because my ideas are at that level. 

I just need to do it I don't know why I always take 10 steps back when I know what I'm capable off and the ideas that I have about passing a strong message to people, I'm not going to stop I don't care if I'm not doing animation next year this is my work one day.



No comments:

Post a Comment